General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Alternate colour of lines

The background colour of the chords are all white, if each second line had a light grey background, the eye can follow the chords easier.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. tonos en cumbia

hola buenos dias soy de mexico y aca se oye mucha cumbia colombiana y mexicana y no se usa la guitarra. la cumbia de rocio que acabo de ver ustedes la tienen en un solo tono Bm y lleva dos tonos Bm y A yo les sugiere que se ayuden con el bajo electrico ,porque ponen tonos que no llevan las cumbias y en otros les faltan tonos contraten a un colombiano o mexicano para que les ayude,gracias.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gracias por la idea! Y su perspectiva cultural única. Nos encanta escuchar lo que piensan nuestros usuarios, por lo que estaremos observando los votos y le permitirá saber si decidimos implementar esto.

3. SDK

In order to have access to more platforms a SDK should be implemented to give access to independent developers to access the chord transcription engine. This reduces cost of development and let the service evolve to new levels not under the scope of Chordify.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. improvements of accuracy

Your program is awesome and you did s great job. Thank you. Next step how to improve accuracy? Begining from manual way. User found a wrong voice and mark "doubts" in the cell for later analysis. There is no place now. At least bubble as in excel sheets. Second suggestion - you prepared edition list of chords. Fantastic. But there is a lack of sound of choosing chord. I know it is not ease to do it. But we have proper sound in our head and ear :-) we could compare it to note from the list. You can imagine…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your considered feedback – certainly not crazy. These are all good ideas. Right now we’re working on improving our algorithms from base level so we’re expecting that in the near future the chord extractions will dramatically improve. However, we will be keeping an eye on things and should this not happen as quickly as anticipated, may well decide to implement some of these ideas!

5. Is it possible to develop a program to produce notations like what you do for chords?

CHORDIFY has been delivering chords for any song with remarkable precision. Therefore I have increased my expectations from CHORDIFY to go go one step further. I promise I won't ask for more. Hat's off to you CHORDIFY. Well done. God blessnyou.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion. We have no immediate plans to implement such an idea as we have been focussing all our efforts on the chord transcriptions – we’re really glad you are happy with this, though we think we have plenty of improvement still to make in this quarter! However, we’ll let you know if we decided to do this.

6. Artist page

At the end of the song have a choice of, "more from this artist." A page listing all songs available from the current artist being played.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your idea. This is something we have looked at but have no immediate plans to implement. However, for a taste of Premium, why not check out our demo? Or buy a Chordify Premium credit to use on one song? That way, you can experience the service without committing yourself to a subscription. Also note that if you sign up to an annual subscription and it’s not for you, if you let us know within 14 days, we will cancel the subscription and refund the payment.

8. Please consider placing the sharps and flats symbols in a super scripted position for ease of reaching

I suggest you place sharps and flats symbols in superscript positions for ease of reading. Currently it is difficult to read for seniors.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. detect concert pitch

every once in a while a song really doesnt sound right and I wonder if its because some arrangements don't use 440 Mhz. When Chordify is dtecting the chords, it probably niotices that they are not fitting very well, I wonder if it could at least tell you it suspects the pitch is no 440 MHZ, hope that makes sense!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow for poly chord and pedal bass extension capability

When In putting a chord sometimes the bass line is sustained over a moving chord or vica versa. This would be a powerful feature.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enharmonic Chords

If a song is in C# minor, your software will detect Db as the tonic triad which a chord so rare that almost 100% of the time it could assume C#m and be correct. Have Chordify default to suggest standard enharmonic chords as opposed to chords with double flats and double sharps despite them sometimes being necessary in the case of secondary function. For example a V/vi chord in the key of F# major would be a A# major chord (A#, C##, E#). It would be easier for the performer's sake to see that chord as Bb major even though…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback and your idea. We’re currently working on developing more accurate chords including complex ones such as diminished, with suspensions etc. Regarding enharmonics, this is an interesting idea and we do listen to our users so we will be watching the votes!

12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. show mandolin closed position (a.k.a. chop) chords

The mandolin is the snare drum of stringed instruments and should definitely not be left out from Chordify

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,
    Thanks for your idea. We have no immediate plans to implement this – you are the first person to suggest it! But we do listen to our users, so we will be keeping an eye on the votes, so if lots of people vote for this, it could be come our next new feature!

14. More flexibility in slowing down a song please!

I am very happy with Chordify mainly because of the following pros:

1. When we slow down a song, the pitch of the singer's voice remains the same, hence intelligible!

2. I can go exactly to any part of the song.

3. Chordify responds to every guitar downstrum and not to the upward strums.

I don't use Chordify to discover the chords used (this DOES NOT work well!), but I use it to analyse the strumming pattern, so this disadvantage does not affect me too much.

I have one suggestion:
    When I want to slow down a strum, I can…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. when the song is in 3/4 the raster should change accordingly, now it's still ina raster of 4/4

Continued maybe even further if the song changes in middle time signature it should automatically change accordingly

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bare fifths

You really should add the option to remove the third from the harmony.
    There's a lot of music now that doesn't use it, and it would just be useful.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Giving chord suggestions to a completely new melody would transform Chordify into a groundbreaking composition tool.

It is all about existing songs. But what about the composers and improvisors among us, with their abundance of new melodies and song ideas, without a clue about the chords that fit to them?

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make sure tempo changes in a song are correctly tracked

When the tempo of a song changes (e.g. gets faster towards the end) chord placement in the grid tends to drift getting progressively miss-aligned if the tempo continues to change. See the following for an example of this effect... http://beta.chordify.net/chords/the-penny-black-remedy-come-back-when-you-have-more-ambition-mrseventhcat

In this song the time signature stays the same but the tempo of the song increases for each cycle of the chord progression. In this case I would suggest that the chord changes remain in the same vertical alignment in the grid but the beat indicator should progress through the grid faster as it keeps up with the increasing tempo.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base