I suggest you ...

Add Copy/Paste, Increase size of chord menu, Allow for community voting on most accurate transcriptions

I love this service, but there are a few things about it that I feel could use improvement.

Firstly, the lack of a Copy/Paste feature is quite frustrating when there are repeated sections in a track that are incorrectly analyzed. Clicking edit, being able to highlight a section, then select copy or paste would remedy this issue easily. For example, here I just left then end blank (where sections repeat) because it was faster to delete everything than edit in every chord: http://chordify.net/chords/persona-4-ost-09-like-a-dream-come-true-demondaysxost?edit=55eefa5bdd7405e57b95ae65

Secondly, the chord menu when you are editing is much too small. I can only view 2 chords at a time. This menu should be much larger, as having it this small causes problems. When scrolling, the scroll happens so quickly that some chords aren't even visible. I often found that I couldn't see minor versions of chords unless I clicked on the major version first. Here is the menu I am talking about: http://imgur.com/t5XEfkz

In general, the editing menu is clunky and confusing. Clicking edit shouldn't instantly make a new chord pop up. Clicking edit should instead only change the menu to orange (like it currently does), and wait for the user to click somewhere. There should also be a save chord button. Currently I have to click edit twice to save a chord, which is strange, and I found myself messing this process up many times and accidentally overwriting chords instead.

Finally, I think there should be a voting system in place, and rewards for the most accurate transcriptions. With this new system, users can look up songs that are edited and voted on by real people. This would add value to the site (as more users would be pleased with more accurate chord charts). And users should be rewarded for their contributions (since they are actually adding value), such as being able to save more songs. The price of this site is much too high for me, but I feel that my musical ear should also be of value to your company.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Hayden Davenport shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Hayden Davenport commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for letting me know. I am very pleased to see that my input is valued. These improvements are very good, and I genuinely believe they make the overall experience much better (I am already noticing editing going more smoothly). I still utilize the site and I have more feedback to give to further enhance the experience. Would you prefer I posted here or created a new thread?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base