I suggest you ...

Nashville Number System

i work in nashville a lot and love chordify but it would be great to see an option to use the Nashville Number System here!

26 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is an interesting suggestion though at present we have no plans to implement this. However, we do listen to our users, so if lots of people vote for this feature, it could well be put on our to do list!

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I 100% agree with adding the NNS option as it would be a great feature for those of us that need to provide charts for the musicians that use them regularly.

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding the NNS should be an easy fix. :) Your awesome system is already doing this. The method is basically taking the detected key of the song (ex. "A") which is always represented as "1". Then apply the number to each chord according to the major scale. Easy. :D

• AdminChordify (Chordify - Tune into chords!, Chordify) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello there Rose-Marie,

Thanks for your feedback. Again, I don't think any of our developers are actively working on implementing this. That said, I think we would opt for the more 'generally' recognized roman numeral system, in which the lowercase/uppercase is a tad more descriptive in terms of chord qualities.

We are working on implementing chord inversions however, and both the NNS and roman numeral system don't display this very elegantly. Our main goal is still to make things as simple and obvious as possible, and while the both the NNS and roman numerals are great for people a little more versed in music theory, I think it doesn't help the majority of our (starting out) user-base.

Thanks again for the feedback however!

• Rose-Marie G. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! Isn't this pretty much what the software is doing in the background anyway, especially when it tries to decipher low-confidence chords? In my non-techy mind, it doesn't seem like a huge stretch to have this "key" displayed upon request, though I'm also definitely not a programmer. The NNS is hugely popular in some circles and is ever-so-good for those of us working to expand our knowledge of music theory. Thanks for considering this suggestion.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base