I suggest you ...

Chordify Premium is too expensive; the prices should be lower/cheaper

I am willing to pay but prices for plan are horrible. Besides there are many more apps that allow you to do the same thing and there are many others that will be available to users for free.

162 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • hemant.ahdhemant.ahd commented  · 

I like this program in affordable price

• hemant.ahdhemant.ahd commented  · 

Don't make cheaper yourself otherwise you will give a chance to born many another competitors.
        Prices are good at now. If you will make yourself cheap than I get benefit but you will become looser

• Lorna JohnsLorna Johns commented  · 

Too expensive for the premium features which I can find elsewhere for free. I subscribed to premium today and have on the same day contacted support to cancel for full refund.

• Claudio KlinglerClaudio Klingler commented  · 

I directly changed to premium membership just to support this great idea, even tough my first impression was I don't really need this premium features.

My first impression was: A fair price for a wonderful idea, fair and open.

But maybe I am biased because I like the open source idea so much. Continue this great work and all the other guys which are complaining about the price: Feel happy with the free version. :-)

• ChordifyAdminChordify (Chordify - Tune into chords!, Chordify) commented  · 

Hello Michael,

I'm sorry that our algorithm yielded incorrect results for this Johnny Cash song. I've looked into it and the incorrect results stem from the fact that the actual chords themselves are really low in the mix. When playing this style of folk/country, the emphasis of the guitar player's notes are often the root/bass notes of the chords. Now, these notes are clearly audible, and our algorithm (wrongly) defaults to these notes being the chords in root position. Clearly, our algorithm is not perfect yet (we won't claim it is) but some songs simply just lend itself better to automatic chord recognition that others. Songs like this one, which essentially is a lead vocal (melodic), a mandolin (melodic), and a guitar that puts the emphasis on the bass notes of chords to create a sort-of 'waling-bass' line (again, melodic), will definitely trip up our algorithm. Sorry! :(

• MichaelMichael commented  · 

Problems during the joining process, then my first test. I uploaded a three chord song by Johnny Cash (Lorena) couldn't be any simpler, to see what happened. Chordify got it all wrong. NOT IMPRESSED!!!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

For this price - I should get the piano music score at least with lyrics
        this is way too expensive -

Thanks for your comment Andrew Marshall. Did you know that if you sign up to a yearly subscription, you have 14 days to trial Chordify Premium and if it doesn't suit your needs, we will give you a full refund as long as you email us to cancel within 14 days?

• Andrew MarshallAndrew Marshall commented  · 

Also, consider first month/first 5 songs free. Came hoping to see how good it is. Won't pay for something that may be poor quality. Free memberships rope customers, if your product is good.

• Steeven GaulinSteeven Gaulin commented  · 

Please consider micro-subcriptions or even just donations.

• Steeven GaulinSteeven Gaulin commented  · 

Yeah, I'd like to contribute to this amazing tool but I'm on a low budget with other subscribtions to manage. I'd go for a 5$ to maybe 10$ a month, not even for the premium fonctions but just to support the team and maybe be able to write 7th chords in edit mode. Seriously guys, I can't thank you enough for that crazy app but I can't afford the premium and as I say it's not even about advanced functions, the basic stuff help me big time to learn new songs!

• SteviStevi commented  · 

I agree.. Far too expensive.

Hi all. We just released Chordify 2.0 and with that we also have a "Summer Offer". If you sign up for an annual subscription you get 50% discount on your first year. Converted to a monthly subscription, that's only 2.7 USD per month!

The offer is available till 31 August 2015. Check it out: http://chordify.net/premium

After the one year discount promotional period, you will be charged the standard yearly rate on your renewal date. You can cancel your subscription at any time if you don't want the yearly subscription to automatically renew or be charged again for the service.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'd maybe do $4/month but $8!? Come on that's outrageous. I love the idea of this service and it's nice to reference once in a while but there's no way I'm using it $70 worth. Would get tons more casual users at a lower price.

• Noah DelatteNoah Delatte commented  · 

I'd consider doing a tiered chordify.

First tier:Free with ads that'll play before your song and missing some features like the ones missing now.
        Second Tier: One-time purchase (priced using the principles of supply and demand). This gives you no ads and the ability to transpose, but still no downloads without a fee.
        Third Tier: Monthly subscription that gies you all features chordify has to offer. Probably priced more in the 3-4 dollar range per month. (The demand for this tool isn't as high as one may think.) This tier gives you all chordify features.

• David BakkerDavid Bakker commented  · 

Download (from iTunes apps) CAPO. Does everything and more for a fraction of the cost and it's one time fee

• David BakkerDavid Bakker commented  · 

I was going to sign up but the annual fee needs to be about half of what you're currently asking before I considering shelling out.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Chordify is very expensive. Chordify has downgraded the free version so far as to prevent customers from ever purchasing premium.

• Anonymous commented  · 

it IS too expensive...lower the price and they will come!

• AnonAnon commented  · 

I'd love to know the free ways OP mentioned. Chordify is such a rip off! It has money making written all over it. If only information was free to the public. I understand running costs and money keeping this up... but seriously.... O.o

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base