I suggest you ...

Five string banjo diagrams

It would AWESOME to have the option to turn the diagrams into 5 string banjo diagrams.

Cheers! Great app by the way!

73 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Martin Marmol shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jim Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am currently looking for a product which offers the same features as Chordify. But I am learning to play 5 string banjo. So please let me know if you decide to add the banjo to the list of instruments compatible with Chordify.
    Thank you,
    Jim

• Lucy Hicks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I said it on one of the mandolin posts, and I'm saying it again here. You have a lot of awesome Americana music on here, but the only traditional instrument you support is the guitar. I would think to see mandolin and banjo on here before ukulele. Especially mandolin, since the tuning and positions would be the same as a violin/fiddle.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just subscribed today so forgive the early comment but as a long standing banjo player I do accept there are a number of tunings possible but the predominant one is definitely 5 string Open G.. as we banjo players say (thank the Lord for G!!) 4 and 6 string banjos are not that common but I duly accept they exist but then what about the myriad of possible guitar tunings and 12 string etc etc..
    Anyhow... it is a great piece of software and if you do add banjo I know a ton of people who would appreciate it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Standard tuning of 5 string banjo please:

5th string- (High) G
    4th: (low) D
    3rd: G
    2nd: B
    1st: D

• AdminChordify (Chordify - Tune into chords!, Chordify) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello all,

Thanks for your comments and support for this idea. The main reason this hasn't been incorporated yet is because it appears a lot of 5-string banjo players use varying tunings, and we simply can not support all these different tunings (i.e. where do we draw the line, in terms of supporting different tunings).

Perhaps it would be more worthwhile to vote for a specific 5-string banjo tuning intead?

• m commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Banjo 5 strings is absolutely necessary in a Premium account!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Five string is the most popular of banjos.
    I'd be willing to buy your premium service and pay for transposing the chords.

• Braden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alright... Here's one more request for us 5 stringers! Please please please!!!

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base