I suggest you ...

Make it possible to edit the chords (change chords and place in the bar)

162 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Henk Janssen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminChordify (Chordify - Tune into chords!, Chordify) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Chord editing enthusiasts!

We’ve been working hard to get the chord edit interface in place, and as of today we released a beta version of the feature. It would be really great if you could help out with the testing of this new feature? You can join our beta today by leaving your email address here: http://bit.ly/16Mhbg9

N.B. Your chord edits will remain accessible after the beta period.

Thanks a lot!
    All the best,
    The Chordify Team

• Aiko Devriendt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great concept but the ability to edit chords would be WAY better.
    The interface is perfect and very convenient, but sometimes completely wrong chords isn't.
    Amazing concept, again. Great work!

• charles dennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in order for Chordify to be really useful for me, I need to be able to make 4 bars to a line.
    that makes it easy to follow.
    otherwise it's just a big mess,
    and it is impossible to follow the chords.
    I'm a lifetime subscriber. but I have not been using Chordify at all. and that is why.

• Joe Nash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is definitely needed. The service is only useful if people can improve and perfect.

• Ethan G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I recently uploaded the song "attic" by Ballyhoo! onto chordify, and the chord bar (the thing that moves to show were you are) started late, and even so, the chords just did not sound right. So a button would help, where some sort of solution could be proposed.

• Juriaan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In case you guys are afraid of too much work (e.g. storing different edits of different users), I would suggest that you start by launching one 'user edit' version/page per song.

So, next to the fully automatically 'chordified' song by chordify, there is one page available for all registered users to edit. Just like wikipedia...

Maybe users are more accurate and friendly than one might expect, and it would work out just fine! If not, you can always think about banning users that sabotage songs and allow for different user edits per song.. But I would love the idea that you start of with such a basic option - that is easily implemented? - and see what happens. Call it beta. Everyone would understand!!

• Nat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand that this editing functionality will be time consuming to implement. But still the fact that the downbeat sometimes moves around in the bar on the first, second, third or fourth beat can be a major drawback for users to use their downloaded pdf/midi to finetune the transcription. If one could edit these errors of where a bar begins in those files this would be a great advantatge and a great time saver.

• Peter Dupont commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. The idea of this site is awsome, but the actual chords of the songs are extremely poor!
    I have not been able to find even one song with the exact chorus….

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Provide an option where we can flag songs that have incorrect songs, and a place to submit the correct ones. As this aggregates it will give you better information to improve the software and it will also provide the end user with better information.

• Dydo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be nice if we were able to highlight or boldface the primary chords (or correct chords) to make it easier to ignore chords that are incorrect or unnecessary. It would also be nice if these "edited" versions were then worked into the Chordify database and made available to users that requested the same songs.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This program is awesome but there are some minor issues with chords on some songs. It would be great to be able to edit them and possibly have a way to vote on the corrections. Thanks for all the hard work!!!

• Byron Brummer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To take this another step farther, different user-edits could be voted on (much like these uservoice suggestions), helping the most-accurate edits bubble to the top.

As Jason mentioned, Chordify is fantastic for roughing in a song. And the interface (linked video w/moving chord sheet) is fantastic for play-a-long. But when the chords are wrong it really hurts the play-a-long use.

• Jason Christensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree with this. Chordify is great for roughing a song in, but the chords are often wrong. Would be amazing if we could fine tune the chords after chordify did initial pass. It has been a great tool for quickly learning songs though. I love the ease of looping.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base