I suggest you ...

Detect and show bass note

It would be very useful to know the bass note that is played with a chord. E.g. C chord played with E as bass note, commonly notated as C/E.

508 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Wouter shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

78 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So this was supposed to be done in the "near future" circa 2013, and then supposed to be implemented in mid-2016. And here we are mid-2019, and Chordify can still not analyze the baseline. What gives? Is it really that challenging a project? I mean, I can sit and listen to a tune (maybe slow it down) and extract the baseline. It's time consuming. But with all the technology they have, they can't do this automatically? Bummer.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see the desire for bass notes is extremely high and has been for some time. Some say would definitely be worth premium if bass notes were included. As a 1 year thrilled premium member, I would be willing to pay a little extra for this information. How about a quick survey via listed email
    to see if the undertaking could be expedited through additional funds. I'm in. Thanks

• ALANAHB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello everyone. This is Ross from New Zealand, and a relative new member to Chordify, but a bass player for many decades back to the 70's.
    In my experience you follow the guitar chords and if the lead guitar hits a C you just simply play a C or do a run from a G to C or even from a top E down.
    Can anyone give me a practical example (song titles) of how the C chord is played with an E, I would be very interested.
    Best wishes everyone. Regards Ross.

• Bernd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please please......for all who asked before and for myself....can you arange bass notes in Chrodify.
    Bet you will get tons of new premium users if you can implement this feature.

• Ralph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if you did include bass in your songs selections because if you did I would be around for a long time.

• Christian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’m in agreement with my fellow bass players. This app would definitely be worth the premium if it had other instrument options like our bass! Hopefully it’s available soon

• Joaquin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, bring the Bass notes to Chordify.
    Since 2015 you have the same under review comment
    We want to play bass with Chordify!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bonjour

çà fait un bout de temps, plus d'un an que c'est en évaluation.
    Il faudrait aboutir.
    Il me semble qu'avec un filtre mid cut on doit faire ressortir que les basses.

Merci

• HELEN ALLEN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still waiting on those Bass chords, will this happen soon. Everyone tends to forget about us Bass players.....

• M Valentino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I play bass also. It would be helpful to have the bass line from the bass guitar available. I would think this would be easier than finding the chords of a song.

• Jairo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Implementing bass notes will be a big help for those that want to play bass, I been wating for this good news for long time ( more than a year ). Hope and looking for for this great news.... Thank You !!

• Ken Lambert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried to enter the 4 note bass string rundown used on "Handle With Care" by putting the note in as a bass note. Problem is, the program thinks the notes are chords. Can this be changed so the note in the "Bass" area only play notes. A different colour for bass notes would also be nice in that situation.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

and how!!!!! Being able to select bass guitar and see bass tabs would be fantastic!!!!

• James Clarke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that it would be really helpful to bassists who want to create chord-based grooves if Chordify would provide additional chord-diagram options for them. Plus, I have a tenor guitar that I tune to Perfect 4ths, and so this would help me and other, similarly-inclined tenor guitarists.

• Robalee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I play bass guitar. The bass note idea sounds great. I hope you can it worked out.

← Previous 1 3 4

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base