I suggest you ...

Enable printing of the chord chart as viewed on screen

Although PDF and MIDI outputs are available, it would also be nice to have an output mode which displays the chords as seen on the screen, and allows users to edit the chord transcription.

149 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Paul shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi - I am new to Chordify ... I am looking for the option to print the chords the way they appear on the overview screen, be it piano or guitar. Can I do this now that I am a premium user? I cannot find the way to do it.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This isn't available as a premium feature... I signed up for premium yesterday and all I get is sheet music and giant sheet of chord names that look more like a DNA sequence than a chord chart.

Cool site but it would be nice to print something fast and run to the gig with. At church we sometimes learn songs 20 minutes before service. Would be nice to just print and go. Right now I have to take a screenshot of the chord pictures and then paste them onto a lyric sheet. Very time consuming.

Is there a print option here with both guitar chords with words?

Billy Brent

Give me another option of payment, I had a very bad experience. I need another option I just can`t
    wait to move up.

• santiago llaña commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be great if you can print the chords just like appear in the screen plus leaving blank lines beteewn them (maybe in Excel) so you can add the lyrics manualy.
    And you should be able to pick and select which chord you want to be the first one, the begining.
    For a more even layout.

• John Knoben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ik ondersteun het verzoek 'Enable printing of the chord chart as viewed on screen' omdat ik als bassist heel gemakkelijk op deze manier mijjn baslijnen kan noteren in het getoonde akkoordenschema. Ik heb zojuist voor de eerste keer een "chordifyd" song gekocht/gedownload maar dat is voor mij als bassist niet handig. Nu moet ik nog alles handmatig overschrijven op een akkoordenschema. Het is mij echt € 0,50 waard om me die actie te besparen.

• Donya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

allow the user to see the chords highlighted, the program moves faster than the chord being played.

• Larry Murphy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you also look into being able to transpose the chords also....What a blessing that would be to be able to change chords.....

I agree with Raimo Pirttila - comments below. These pdf files are not what was wanted. We wanted the chords and the bar structure as seen on the Chordify screen.

Saltduck

• Raimo Pirttila commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Testing continues...
    Sorry folks but those files chordify creates are useless to me. I originally requested chords (as seen in chodify screen) to be stored in Word 2003 format.
    Like players use ! Em /// ! Am /// !
    or some other format I can easily change or modify using Word, LibreOffice, Kingsoft Office or similar pgm. I need only one thing: name of chord in correct tempo.

Do I need to do a new suggetion for this ?

Regards

Raimo P

Hello
    Direct download from chordify screen does not send files correctly all files are received ok with mail. So you do not owe me 1 euro anymore.

BUT !
    1. There is NO text on chordify screen to tell a user the paid files will be sent via email. Pls, add this info.
    2. MIDI -file type extension in downloaded file is .midi and my FINALE 2012c does not accept it. I hope you will change .midi to .mid which is more compatible worldwide.
    3. Midi for "Ellin polkkka" seems to have some kind of very permanent internal tempo specification which is not good idea. At least my FINALE 2012c could not change it at all.
    to be cont'd ....

Regards
    Raimo P

Printing of the chord chart seems to be much more than I was requesting. I would have been satisfied with chord names written to a text (or Word) file to be saved, modified and printed. NOw I am no tat all satisfied. Ok, thank you for your fine job, BUT ....! We got problems......
    I tested chordifying 2 songs. First "Ellin polkka" which downloaded guitar, piano and ukulele chords ok. But ! chordified song MIDI and PDF files were not included in ZIP - package so you owe me 1 euro..
    Second song was russian сердце кровью обливается layed by Sergei Morikov.
    Downloaded zip file had 0 (zero) bytes in it.

You will fix these problems soon ?

Regards

Raimo P

• Pitrik Otten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's september 12th already... and I'm still writing the chords on a sheet of paper :p
    any progress in creating PDF documents of the chords?

• Warrick Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PDF would be nice. Consider implementing output in something like MusicXML as well, so that the output could be consumed by other notation programs (MuseScore, etc.). In my case, I'd take in the chords, then transpose for Eb and Bb instruments and make lead sheets.

I suspect the reason there 's not been more responses to this issue is that not many have stumbled on this wonderful tool as I just did. There's a marketing problem. But I bet, if the ability to print the chart were implemented, word of mouth would help significantly with the site popularity among internet music groups and music specific websites.

• Siobhán commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really appreciate this function also and I agree with Raimo about the ability to use Word as well as the pdf. Great service thanks for creating it!

Please use MS Word 2003 -file format for print. It is much more usable than PDF. Maybe PDF vs Word 2003 selectable by user.
    The Word 2003 format can be accessed with all usable word processing programs (MS word, Open Office, LibreOffice etc). And with "Word"- format user may expand text, make changes, add lyrics, comments etc.
    Easy to

← Previous 1

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base