I suggest you ...

Load search results in a new page

I searched for a song, clicked on the top result, and found I had landed on a poor cover version. Hit "back" on my browser and I was not presented with the search results but the previous song I was playing. I had to retype the song details into the search bar. Frustrating and time-wasting.

A search results page is a no-brainer for a resource like this.

47 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Joe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i too have found this irritating. my fix is to hold the control button down and then click the song link a new window will pop up new window with song and the old window will have search results

• Graeme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

During the session, stop searching for a song while you are entering the title, only after you press "enter" at the end.

• A Me commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you search and go to a song, you can't use the back button to return to the search results. Seems like an easy piece of programming that would make searching for the right version of a song so much easier.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems like it should be a simple fix. It's frustrating having to re-enter the search each time. Especially if you have a guitar in your hands. I'm actually surprised that this is not a function already.

• Nicholas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you are playing a song, then you click in the edit control, the entire screen go's white ready for search result, but there is no way to go back to the previous screen without reseting the entire web page.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have a search results page instead of the current side bar as it would be much easier to go back to than retype the artist or song

• Don commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In simple form buffer in the search box such like autocomplete that remember the last 50 searches. Secondly allow me to set up a large buffer so once a song is calculated with its video on my machine, it does not have to do that again sorta like caching .

Feedback and Knowledge Base