Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this suggestion. It is indeed a useful idea, but difficult to combine with the remainder of the technology on our site. We rely on automatic transcription of the chords from youtube or other audio, but it is not yet possible to automatically transcribe lyrics. If we want to show lyrics, we should get them from some other source. Hence, I do not think we will support lyrics in the near future. However, youtube features a lot of songs with lyrics. If you chordify these you have your synchronised lyrcis on the side.

-Update-
    We are actively looking into ways of incorporating lyrics to our player. More info on this soon!

-Update- 22/02/2018
    Unfortunately we are still working out the legalities around displaying lyrics on our website, as lyrics are copyrighted content. We hope to eventually be able to offer lyrics to our users, but it’s unclear when this will be, sorry!

52 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Steeven Gaulin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

maybe just make partnership with a site like azlyrics.com post a link and/or just allow users to write them down in edit mode somewhere above the chords. Cause that's basicly my setup now, azlyrics.com on the left side of the screen and chordify in another browser on the right. Learn new songs in a matter of minutes!! :D

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using Youtube to show lyric videos, but you optimized the size of the video player for ants. :) Can you please put the video player size back to what it was before? perhaps, same size as default Youtube player?

If tecnology makes it difficult to combine these technologies today (chordify/lyricify), why not start with making an optional editable area preferably below each chord line where users can paste in lyrics and edit/ move about words as they please? Opportunity to edit chords should also be prioritized.

It's very cumbersome trying to write the chords above the lyrics - it takes hours. I would definitely pay for a premium membership if this tool were available.

• Joris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for your answer en good luck with the official launch. I'm a fan already.

• Stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

perhaps a live auto scrolling window somewhere on the page that has only the lyrics on it?...

1 3 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base