366 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Joris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this suggestion. It is indeed a useful idea, but difficult to combine with the remainder of the technology on our site. We rely on automatic transcription of the chords from youtube or other audio, but it is not yet possible to automatically transcribe lyrics. If we want to show lyrics, we should get them from some other source. Hence, I do not think we will support lyrics in the near future. However, youtube features a lot of songs with lyrics. If you chordify these you have your synchronised lyrcis on the side.

-Update-
We are actively looking into ways of incorporating lyrics to our player. More info on this soon!

-Update- 22/02/2018
Unfortunately we are still working out the legalities around displaying lyrics on our website, as lyrics are copyrighted content. We hope to eventually be able to offer lyrics to our users, but it’s unclear when this will be, sorry!

86 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

or at least have a area where you can add your own lyrics

• VAUGHAN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE ALLOW FOR ARTISTS TO INCLUDE THEIR OWN LYRICS ON OUR SONGS. THANKS

• rushysan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love chordify and it helps me learn songs. I know there has been previous request for lyrics. What I would really like is to be able to include the lyrics to the songs, even if I had to cut and paste them in myself, then to see them especially on the iOS addition.

I could imagine a somewhat easy way to do this might be to drop the chord letter to the bottom of the existing box, split the box in two but keep them coupled but just a text field, to provide an input field for smaller font lyrics in the upper part of the chord box. One could link the few words to the right beat box as they wanted to sing it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. Chords without lyrics is the end of my subscription. Back to eChords for the solution.

• vlasta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love to sing when i play my kontra (this is a tambura instrument like guitar) so this will be realy good idea. and make to people can edit the text and add him.

• Saluz Maharjan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a great idea to learn guitar while the song itself is playing but I suggest to include normal lyrics and chords as well so you can get an overall view of the lyrics and chords and don't have to fast and forward the song to repeat.

animated chords with the song itself is great but for learning a normal lyrics and chords can be more userfriendly.
    Eg:https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/m/martin_garrix/scared_to_be_lonely_crd.htm

Hope you would add this feature soon

• AdminChordify (Chordify - Tune into chords!, Chordify) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. Unfortunately we are still working out the legalities around displaying lyrics on our website, as lyrics are copyrighted content. We hope to be able to start offering lyrics to our users towards the end of the year.

• jennifer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

guitar tabs provides the chords to play above the lyrics of the song why cant you put the lyrics in with the chords as it moves to the timing of the song
    or even with the printed or download sheet

• leon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

as a vocalist it would be greate if the lyrics were inserted

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Engelbert's Love me with all your heart with Lyrics,yet when played no lyrics is shown.
    I was wondering why couldn't lyrics shown at the same time?

• AdminChordify (Chordify - Tune into chords!, Chordify) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Ingrid,

Thanks for your feedback. I agree that this would be a good compromise to bridge the gap between now and when we finally will be able to provide lyrics along with our chords (it is a legal maze to make this happen, apparently..).

I'll make sure to reiterate this idea to our developers.

• Ingrid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you allow us to insert our own lyrics in a space beneath the chords? Maybe it can be at BETA thing? Say, if I provide lyrics to so many songs, I get a discount for the month? Or NOT.
    Even if I don't, allowing me to add my own lyrics is better than not having any on the same score. It should be apparent that scores should have lyrics included. Please find a way or a compromise.

• Ingrid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you allow a space where we can type the lyrics in ourselves to synchronize with the chords? Maybe it can be at BETA thing? Say, if I provide lyrics to so many songs, I get a discount for the month? Of even if I don't, allowing me to add my own lyrics is better than not having any on the same score. You know, it should be apparent that scores should have lyrics included. Please find a way or a compromise.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base