Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this suggestion. It is indeed a useful idea, but difficult to combine with the remainder of the technology on our site. We rely on automatic transcription of the chords from youtube or other audio, but it is not yet possible to automatically transcribe lyrics. If we want to show lyrics, we should get them from some other source. Hence, I do not think we will support lyrics in the near future. However, youtube features a lot of songs with lyrics. If you chordify these you have your synchronised lyrcis on the side.

-Update-
    We are actively looking into ways of incorporating lyrics to our player. More info on this soon!

-Update- 22/02/2018
    Unfortunately we are still working out the legalities around displaying lyrics on our website, as lyrics are copyrighted content. We hope to eventually be able to offer lyrics to our users, but it’s unclear when this will be, sorry!

52 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • vlasta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love to sing when i play my kontra (this is a tambura instrument like guitar) so this will be realy good idea. and make to people can edit the text and add him.

• AdminChordify (Chordify - Tune into chords!, Chordify) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. Unfortunately we are still working out the legalities around displaying lyrics on our website, as lyrics are copyrighted content. We hope to be able to start offering lyrics to our users towards the end of the year.

• jennifer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

guitar tabs provides the chords to play above the lyrics of the song why cant you put the lyrics in with the chords as it moves to the timing of the song
        or even with the printed or download sheet

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Engelbert's Love me with all your heart with Lyrics,yet when played no lyrics is shown.
        I was wondering why couldn't lyrics shown at the same time?

• AdminChordify (Chordify - Tune into chords!, Chordify) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Ingrid,

Thanks for your feedback. I agree that this would be a good compromise to bridge the gap between now and when we finally will be able to provide lyrics along with our chords (it is a legal maze to make this happen, apparently..).

I'll make sure to reiterate this idea to our developers.

• Ingrid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you allow a space where we can type the lyrics in ourselves to synchronize with the chords? Maybe it can be at BETA thing? Say, if I provide lyrics to so many songs, I get a discount for the month? Of even if I don't, allowing me to add my own lyrics is better than not having any on the same score. You know, it should be apparent that scores should have lyrics included. Please find a way or a compromise.

perhaps just making the download chart/PDF easier for pasting the lyrics on ourselves. e.g. more space between the lines to allow pasting

If available synced lyrics in Musixmatch, show the lyric above the chords... or create your own lyrics database for songs :)

Hello!

Thanks for your comment. Unfortunately song lyrics are copyrighted materials and we can not put those on our website. We are looking into ways of incorporating lyrics in the future, but for now the easiest way for users to incorporate lyrics with their chordified chords is to search for a 'lyrics'-version of a song on Youtube.

• deanmesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why not crowd source it like ultimate guitar be difficult for every video but at least have the option for users to input lyrics and have a lyric rating as well?

Hi Steve Dixon - I am sorry to inform you that Chordify doesn't transcribe lyrics but only the chords of the song. In this case, the "with lyrics" is part of the song title on the site you streamed it from, so it might have made you think that Chordify would provide the lyrics.

Hi Steve Dixon - I am sorry to inform you that Chordify doesn't transcribe lyrics but only the chords of the song. In this case, the "with lyrics" is part of the song title on the site you streamed it from, so it might have made you think that Chordify would provide the lyrics.

Feedback and Knowledge Base