Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminChordify (Chordify - Tune into chords!, Chordify) responded  · 

Thanks for this suggestion. It is indeed a useful idea, but difficult to combine with the remainder of the technology on our site. We rely on automatic transcription of the chords from youtube or other audio, but it is not yet possible to automatically transcribe lyrics. If we want to show lyrics, we should get them from some other source. Hence, I do not think we will support lyrics in the near future. However, youtube features a lot of songs with lyrics. If you chordify these you have your synchronised lyrcis on the side.

-Update-
    We are actively looking into ways of incorporating lyrics to our player. More info on this soon!

-Update- 22/02/2018
    Unfortunately we are still working out the legalities around displaying lyrics on our website, as lyrics are copyrighted content. We hope to eventually be able to offer lyrics to our users, but it’s unclear when this will be, sorry!

82 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I certainly understand your position regarding lyrics. I am a big user of Ultimate-guitar.com which does include lyrics but i sampled your site and I really like how you display the chords and sync it with the actual music. Yes, having the lyrics available would be a great feature but I can work around that.

really need/want lyrics with chords....

I'll keep looking...but much less interested than I initially was.

Hi team! Any update on this? Almost a year since last update and I think it is the one thing keeping the app from pure perfection! We need it! :)

• jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Team thanks for checking into this suggestion, Imt very impressed,

• cfloratos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I just want to offer my opinion about this request.
        Chordify is difficult to search for lyrics since it's connected to youtube and that's very understandable.
        But as a Band in a Box user, I have seen another type of lyrics. They are called BAR LYRICS, they go on top of every bar and they aren't synchronised. So you could implement the ability for the users, to add the lyrics that they want on the chordified songs. Technically is easy to implement and I am sure chordify will gain even better reputation and functionality.
        Have a look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fczaEh0ymc4 (2:38) to understand what I mean.

• Ron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just got premium and was not aware there are no lyrics...thought that was a given... 😔 oh well it‘s just a month. Will be back once this is resolved....

if yous dont put lyrics in songs i will not be coming back next year ,you are going to loose many peeps.

• PRASUN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

inclusion of lyrics will help us to sing the song when we take a print out of the chord chart.

• Pete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Showing lyrics would be an immense improvement. Please keep trying to work this out.

• Dee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with this user. I am not a music reader so I have no idea where these chords go in sequence with the lyrics. Also you cannot move the bar back to catch a spot you missed. As far as i can tell you have to do the whole song from the beginning.

• Samuel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe lyrics could be better supported for the Android app if you would kindly add a taskbar notification with the currently playing song (perhaps make such a notification optional). I use Musixmatch which displays floating lyrics based on taskbar notifications that other apps have of what's currently playing.

• Samuel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe lyrics could be better supported for the Android app if you would kindly add a taskbar notification with the currently playing song (perhaps make such a notification optional). I use Musixmatch which shows lyrics based on taskbar notifications that other apps have of what's currently playing.

• Nicholas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it's a legal issue, then simply allow users to add notes on top of each chord, we can type in the lyrics ourselves. Copyright laws are bullshit, they are designed to maintain monopolies, just tell the government to F&*K Off.

• Nicholas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to simply add text on top of each chord will be useful, possibly two lines of text so we can add lyrics and lead melody information. I have been waiting for this feature for years now, it's not that difficult to do, get cracking.

Just signed up and disappointed that I can't get and print the chords and lyrics to learn a little slower.

I'm new tto chordify and didn't realize there were no lyrics; hopefully you guys can come up with a solution, thanks

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base