Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this suggestion. It is indeed a useful idea, but difficult to combine with the remainder of the technology on our site. We rely on automatic transcription of the chords from youtube or other audio, but it is not yet possible to automatically transcribe lyrics. If we want to show lyrics, we should get them from some other source. Hence, I do not think we will support lyrics in the near future. However, youtube features a lot of songs with lyrics. If you chordify these you have your synchronised lyrcis on the side.

-Update-
    We are actively looking into ways of incorporating lyrics to our player. More info on this soon!

-Update- 22/02/2018
    Unfortunately we are still working out the legalities around displaying lyrics on our website, as lyrics are copyrighted content. We hope to eventually be able to offer lyrics to our users, but it’s unclear when this will be, sorry!

52 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Pete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Showing lyrics would be an immense improvement. Please keep trying to work this out.

• Samuel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe lyrics could be better supported for the Android app if you would kindly add a taskbar notification with the currently playing song (perhaps make such a notification optional). I use Musixmatch which shows lyrics based on taskbar notifications that other apps have of what's currently playing.

• Nicholas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it's a legal issue, then simply allow users to add notes on top of each chord, we can type in the lyrics ourselves. Copyright laws are bullshit, they are designed to maintain monopolies, just tell the government to F&*K Off.

• Nicholas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to simply add text on top of each chord will be useful, possibly two lines of text so we can add lyrics and lead melody information. I have been waiting for this feature for years now, it's not that difficult to do, get cracking.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm new tto chordify and didn't realize there were no lyrics; hopefully you guys can come up with a solution, thanks

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes the lyrics on the YouTube video work but the YouTube frame is too small to read them. Can we have a means of expanding the YouTube display or ideally, swapping it with the larger frame displaying the chords? Then we could choose to have the lyrics big and the chords small or the chords big and lyrics small as now.

• chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

other suggestions: perhaps instead of lyrics, at least having markers indicating the rhythm of the vocals, to help play in time with the song. this feature could be crowdsourced for now. Eventually, some google service will be able to speech-to-text those lyrics, and it will open up new possibilities!

• chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if only there were an open api to allow someone to hook into your features and perhaps create a third party solution to the lyrics

• Keith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using YouTube lyrics videos is a good idea, but in a similar way could you perhaps iFrame in lyrics from another source, like Google lyrics? Or allow a frame where the user can input a URL to pull lyrics into another frame? That way you wouldn't be hosting or storing the actual lyrics.

• irene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

allo,je vous a envoye 2 email ,pour vous dire que j'ai oublié mon mot de passe et que je ne peux me connecter ,je voudrais m'abonner pour un an,mais je n'arrive pas a me connecter.merci de me repondre le plus tot possible. Irene

• AdminChordify (Chordify - Tune into chords!, Chordify) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for your responses over the last few days guys, we appreciate it!

Thing is, lyrics are copyrighted content, and getting them to be displayed on your website legally is an absolute legal minefield. We've been jumpoing through legal hurdles for over a year now and the end does *not* appear to be in sight yet.. We hope to eventually be able to offer lyrics to our users, but currently it's unclear when this will be, sorry.

• yiannis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would be the perfect app with lyrics indeed... now is about 70% to be honest.... i dont think is difficult to make it complete thought...

• VAUGHAN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE ALLOW FOR ARTISTS TO INCLUDE THEIR OWN LYRICS ON OUR SONGS. THANKS

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base