or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ed & Verna-Lee DowneyEd & Verna-Lee Downey commented  · 

Turn volume level down on your speakers to half so you have more control on your volume level at your keyboard volume control ...

• TomTom commented  · 

Looking at the html source code for a 'Chordified' video, it appears that the Youtube player controls have been explicitly disabled.

The player controls include the volume control, and the current time / total time indicators, along with the progress bar (to let you jump to different points in the video).

For those who are curious, if you find the iframe tag for the Youtube player in the source code, look for the embed URL, then find the flag that says 'controls=0'. A zero means the controls are disabled. If you change this to a '2', it will re-enable the controls again, but will only work for that page load (ie. it won't work after reloading the page, and you'll have to do it for every video that you Chordify).

One possible reason they would want to disable the controls is if the video seek navigation didn't synchronize well with the chord navigation. However, based on my testing so far, it's not that big an issue.

Given this suggestion is over 2 years old, clearly they are not going to re-enable the controls again on their end. But hopefully I have helped someone to work around this incredibly frustrating problem.

• MuffleMuffle commented  · 

It really needs some sort of volume control. It can get incredibly annoying when it blasts in my earphones and there's no way to turn it down, even when I turn my computer volume down, it still blasts. For me it happens with Youtube videos a lot, but I usually just turn the volume down on the video, but I can't do this on Chordify, there's no volume control :(

• John MerrittJohn Merritt commented  · 

Why does the sound of Youtube videos appear lower quality and distorted? A volume control would be hugely helpful. Thanks!

• Data DumpData Dump commented  · 

Some Youtube videos are very loud and having a volume control as well as playback controls could really help with the experience. The loud videos sound very distorted when playing them.

Feedback and Knowledge Base