I suggest you ...

Show chord extensions

I would like to see sevenths, ninths, augmented and diminished chords, not just the root and the quality of the chord (major / minor).

621 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

48 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I just found Chordify. Two of the first three songs i entered were not even close. (try Boyz 2 Men Motown Philly). Great idea but it seems you've got a long way to go before i would pay for it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right. Nice idea, but it will only work for some simple songs. Apart from the missing 7th, sus etc chords many chords are plain wrong. I'll check again in a year or so to see if it improved; I wish you luck with the project.

• Dick Dastardly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have found Chordify to simply not to live up to expectations. Even after more than a year of being online and in spite of numerous suggestions from users, they have failed to come up with any improvements whatsoever to the accuracy with which even very basic chords are recognised by their 'cutting edge' software. Chord transcriptions generally are >50% inaccurate. I find it incredible that they haven't been able to improve the software to such a degree that it is able to detect even a simple dominant7 or sus4 chord. If this is 'state-of-the-art music technology' then music technology is in a terrible state and certainly hasn't improved since guitarists have learned to play a simple E minor chord.

• Valentin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Guys,
    I would love to use chordify but the chords you come up with are not correct. i.e. you only get the root and the third.
    You would have me as a client instantaneously if you were able to give out more complex chords e.g. with a different bass or with an altered 7th, a 6th, a sus4 or what not...
    Please let me know if this is on your innovation road map and when you expect this to be possible :)
    All the best,
    V.

• Yumi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if there can be more variety in your chord diagrams... showing the many variations a specific chord can have and providing us with diagrams of them as well would be very helpful!

• AdminChordify (Chordify - Tune into chords!, Chordify) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

René, thank you for your feedback. We agree completely that it would be great to support different chord voicings and chord inversions. However, as you might have noticed, for a fair amount of songs even transcription at the major/minor level still not good enough. We are currently working hard on improving our chord transcription algorithms. When we have improved the transcription for simple major and minor chords, adding common chord additions (sevenths etc.) and chord inversions will be logical next step.

• René Diekstra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Show chords with different root notes as such. For instance, if an Amajor chord is found with a C# as root note show it as A/C#.

1 3 Next →

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base