I suggest you ...

Show chord extensions

I would like to see sevenths, ninths, augmented and diminished chords, not just the root and the quality of the chord (major / minor).

603 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear chord extensions supporters, we agree that this would be a great improvement to chordify. However, the more specific the chords become, the higher the error-rate of the automatic transcription might be. Nevertheless, we believe we can give you some addition chord extensions in the near future and in the meantime we are working to implement the ability to insert them manually using our new chord edits feature.
    --
    This feature is scheduled to be released within the next 2 weeks–we’re still dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s, hang in there a little longer, guys!

45 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Valentin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Guys,
        I would love to use chordify but the chords you come up with are not correct. i.e. you only get the root and the third.
        You would have me as a client instantaneously if you were able to give out more complex chords e.g. with a different bass or with an altered 7th, a 6th, a sus4 or what not...
        Please let me know if this is on your innovation road map and when you expect this to be possible :)
        All the best,
        V.

• Yumi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if there can be more variety in your chord diagrams... showing the many variations a specific chord can have and providing us with diagrams of them as well would be very helpful!

• AdminChordify (Chordify - Tune into chords!, Chordify) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

René, thank you for your feedback. We agree completely that it would be great to support different chord voicings and chord inversions. However, as you might have noticed, for a fair amount of songs even transcription at the major/minor level still not good enough. We are currently working hard on improving our chord transcription algorithms. When we have improved the transcription for simple major and minor chords, adding common chord additions (sevenths etc.) and chord inversions will be logical next step.

• René Diekstra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Show chords with different root notes as such. For instance, if an Amajor chord is found with a C# as root note show it as A/C#.

1 3 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base