I suggest you ...

Show chord extensions

I would like to see sevenths, ninths, augmented and diminished chords, not just the root and the quality of the chord (major / minor).

527 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

Dear chord extensions supporters, we agree that this would be a great improvement to chordify. However, the more specific the chords become, the higher the error-rate of the automatic transcription might be. Nevertheless, we believe we can give you some addition chord extensions in the near future and in the meantime we are working to implement the ability to insert them manually using our new chord edits feature.

33 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • James LambieJames Lambie commented  · 

I agree with the comments! I use the app now as a back-up for when I am having problems transcribing by ear - and really use use it otherwise to edit and then produce chord charts which are handy or my needs. It would be amazing if its recognition were more accurate. I can't seem to find 6th chords in the editable chord drop-down, or any more complex extensions than 7ths - c'mon guys, could we please have some 9ths at least in the drop-down? Thank you! :)

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, would be extremely useful to add chord extensions, particularly for jazz tunes. Chordify should not hold back if the algorithms exist, with the caveats that certain extension, shown in a different font or color, are very tentative.

• Mc PainterMc Painter commented  · 

What an wonderful and eazy learning app!

Thank you!

• Sarnico LiveraniSarnico Liverani commented  · 

Is it also planned to add dimished and half-dimished chords? And the extensions, especially 9, or b9? It would be great if you give the possiblity to also add slash chords (e.g D/F# is a very used one to go to G).
        Of course, in edit mode. It is not necessary to "chordify" those chords...

• Ron ReedRon Reed commented  · 

I'm finding this limiting. I would like this even if I have to manually edit them...

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes this would be a great idea! I hope you do this ;)

When is it planned the implementation of the edit feature? The one including new chords extensions...

I think the most important thing and most urgent is to give users the possibility to insert 7, min7, maj7, dim. Then it would be nice to have the 4sus, or 9, etc...
        The idea of the software is amazing, but as of now, you cannot yourself edit a basic blues (c7 - f7 - c7 - etc...). This is the very basic of rock music...

• ThomasThomas commented  · 

None of the sus4 chords are noted on this song, and the the two B`s, is really B minors.

• Patrick BeardPatrick Beard commented  · 

Looking forward to being able to annotate/edit with more specific chords. I often need to annotate power chords as with the notation A5, etc.

• Gordon DayGordon Day commented  · 

This will help to get people at church to play any song together!

• AlAl commented  · 

At least give us the ability to manually edit in chord extensions. Then later you can give us the option filter for extensions automatically or not depending on your error-rates for the particular song. hopefully you could reproduce the chord also.

• GregGreg commented  · 

Yes, adding diminished, augmented, suspended 4, add 2, sevenths, and alternate bass would be great. You don't need to have chordify figure out anything more than the basic chords like you do, just let users edit them. I think it would be very complicated to have more complicated chords automatically show up.

• Lucas ThompsonLucas Thompson commented  · 

Yeah, I say you should at least support them for display purposes so we can edit after the analysis and change a B to a B7 or whatever -- and use those manual edits improve the software. That data plus some crafty eq or hi/lo pass filters and multi-pass analysis (falling back to the current algorithm) should reduce the error rate quite a bit, no?

• Joe NashJoe Nash commented  · 

I would be happy with simply having the ability to insert them manually, but they aren't available from the pop-up menu. Would be very grateful if you could add them please!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base