I suggest you ...

A new diagram option

It would be nice to have an on/off switch enabling an alternative graphic mode for diagrams. Basically the same GUI with an added feature that when the black cursor hovers over a note it shows up the chord diagram. It would be like when you use your qwerty on the phone and you tap a character it displays a big size font above it, but in this case it would be the same cursor automatically touching the (font) note and showing a big diagram above.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
123 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your idea. We have no current plans to implement such a feature as this would severely reduce the chord window size for smaller screens.
However, have you checked out the chord diagrams button (4th in from the left on the chords page)? This will bring up all the diagrams for the chords of the song that you are on and can also be printed out free of charge so you can refer to these while you are playing.

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mike Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about a feature that simply displays the chord diagram briefly, like hover, when the mouse hovers over the chord's letter. Other guitar apps do this.

• Val Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could we have better vertical spacing on the piano chord print out?
    They overlap and it's hard to read the print out. Or could we get a full screen on the piano chords, perhaps with zoom capability? It would be so nice to see more than 2 rows on a screen. Thanks!

• 123 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was talking about your first comment on windows size for smaller screen which also applies to phones. It is a good development which just need fine tuning, maybe an app is not needed as phones are running latest browsers (html6) and this is not resource intensive. Still might be a good idea to have an app for older phones or to better match certain OS. Either way you could take advantage on what you already have available. For example partnering with YouTube to make a layer over video, which is something YouTube already has to display subs and you may partner to offer chords as subs. Another idea would be you take advantage with Deezer to display lyrics from their webpage which are synch with audio. This has the advantage of no mistakes on lyrics vs the automated subs generated for video. Those ideas save you server and developing time while at the same time increases your product to a bigger audience. Again, I do believe your service has potential, it is a matter of fine tuning. I suggest you open up a beta server for testing out your upgrades to the upcoming web version you cant reveal in order to get feedback from users.

• 123 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for considering my idea. You see a problem I see a solution. It could be implemented for smaller devices by using a translucent layer showing up the chord diagram to be played in the forefront while the letters (chords' name and cursor) in the background. Windows support this since windows 7 and many high end phones used for music such Apple. Even many social medias use a transparent layer to display graphics as supported by adobe and many others such as google for enhanced reality in google glass; just to name few ideas of underused features web designers are not taking advantage of.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base