I suggest you ...

standardize flats or sharps.

The website is great and extremely handy, but I think it would be a little smoother to learn the songs if they were standardized into either sharps or flats - It's tricky to read Bb, F#, Eb.

19 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • terence webb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

flats or sharps are written as such dependant on what KEY it is in . THERE ARE RULES, STUPID !!

• Rosan Gantois commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Vous être ô top moi je veux les paroles avec les accords sur les mots f# b à e f# ou mètre le Texte dans les grilles d'accords qui fait prompteur

• Riff123 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a beginner and it is confusing to see the chords in flats. If I see a song in lot of flats, I'm getting confused and ending up using another song for practice. If it was in sharps it is more easy to play. Also please stick to one notation ie flats or sharps, I sometimes see both. Or this can be left to user's choice .

• Adriano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love if we could CHOOSE between showing chords with sharps of flats. Maybe a nice way of doing that could be establishing a key. For example, when a tune is in A major we know it should be C#m and not Dbm. Of course there are modulations, but if there was a way of initially getting chords either flat or sharp and later making the fine tuning manually it would be awesome.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please place the flat or sharps symbol as a super script. It will make it easier to read...please!

• Judith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Piano music generally has a tradition of showing certain notes as sharps and others as flats. For example, you see C# but not Db.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base