General

1. Five string banjo diagrams

It would AWESOME to have the option to turn the diagrams into 5 string banjo diagrams.

Cheers! Great app by the way!

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Detect and show bass note

It would be very useful to know the bass note that is played with a chord. E.g. C chord played with E as bass note, commonly notated as C/E.

508 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    78 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We agree, the bass note (or chord inversion as it is also sometimes called) is very useful information. After some investigation, it appears this would be a very large undertaking. We have however been working on this and we hope to implement this soon. Stay tuned!

3. One should be able to select with a pick which chord to be the first, the begining.

I think it would be great if you can print the chords just like appear in the screen plus leaving blank lines beteewn them (maybe in Excel) so you can add the lyrics manualy.
    And you should be able to pick and select which chord you want to be the first one, the begining.
    For a more even layout

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Continuations chord play

Currently a chord is played only when a chord changes. This sounds very odd. The chord should also be played for empty squares (where no chord change occurs.)

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Manually indicate when the youtube song starts

Some youtube footage starts with the talking of an artist. Since chordify starts analyzing from the start, it produces some inevitabele nonsense. My suggestion could avoid that, so the first things people see is a adequate chord. Keep on the good work! Jackfish

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Integrate with Spotify

I have all of my music in Spotify and don't want to upload or find youtube links.

Spotify has an api that lets you search and play their songs if you could make an app in the spotify store that uses your chordify technology that would be great!

104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In response to Mic’s question, we would love to integrate with more streaming services, but this requires a lot of negotiation with the streaming platforms. This is time consuming or might even result in a no-go. That’s why the issue is still marked as under review.

7. support Vimeo links

Hey! Chordify is a great resource! Thank you! Would you consider adding support for vimeo links? http://vimeo.com/30423776

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Rhythm to play along to when transposing or change pitch of play back

When I use the transpose option (I have upgraded to Premium) it would be nice to be able to mute the now out of key music and not hear the generated chords either since they often don't play at the right time, and just have a basic rhythm beat to follow. I'm also a singer besides a guitarist and would like to practice the songs in the right key for my voice and not hear the out of key music but just my guitar and the beat to keep me in tempo with the displayed chords as I play along…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Changing the playback pitch is unfortunately impossible in general (we stream from YouTube, for example, so we can only do what their API allows us too). A clicker rhythm, however, would be possible. If enough users ask for this, we will implement it.

9. Ability to pick out individual notes.

There's alot of instances in most songs where they play riffs that aren't chords. If the program had the ability to tell you what individual notes are played I think that would be extremely useful.

Not asking for it to be tabbed out for me, just what notes are used

Maybe something like

[Bm Chord] then little notes like BCAD#AGb come after it showing the notes used

144 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 366 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    87 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this suggestion. It is indeed a useful idea, but difficult to combine with the remainder of the technology on our site. We rely on automatic transcription of the chords from youtube or other audio, but it is not yet possible to automatically transcribe lyrics. If we want to show lyrics, we should get them from some other source. Hence, I do not think we will support lyrics in the near future. However, youtube features a lot of songs with lyrics. If you chordify these you have your synchronised lyrcis on the side.

-Update-
    We are actively looking into ways of incorporating lyrics to our player. More info on this soon!

-Update- 22/02/2018
    Unfortunately we are still working out the legalities around displaying lyrics on our website, as lyrics are copyrighted content. We hope to eventually be able to offer lyrics to our users, but it’s unclear…

11. display the confidence in each chord estimation (eg with a color scale), whenever possible

This way it is easy to avoid playing the most inconsistent ones

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Returning to the History/ Favorites list at the next song after the one just played.

after playing a song from the Favorites/history list that song is placed at the beginning of the list, which is great! Can the program be tweeked so that going back to the list the next song after the one just played is at the top of the screen. Chordify is a great tool! Another good thing would be to have the chords change when you change Key.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. so sad....

This is only for 15 days?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Show tones on piano keyboard

You have those dots on the piano keyboard showing finger placement. Enlarge the dots and place a letter for each tone. This helps bass players to create walking bass lines.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make the App available for samsung tablet with Wifi only

I can not install the app on my samsung s3 tablet with wifi, when this is possible I will take the full version

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make the App available for samsung tablet with Wifi only

I can not install the app on my samsung s3 tablet with wifi, when this is possible I will take the full version

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Why doesn't this app work?

This is hands down THE WORST TOOL I HAVE EVER USED!!! What is even going on? Now, I have to waste my time typing things that won't be acknowledged here - like, the app is AWFUL! Timing is always off which leaves me to guesswork and a conclusion I should just continue to play by ear and not get so frustrated with technology that DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes the app even says I have to pay to play.... HOW ABOUT NO!!!! You all should be paying us to use this crap for crap app!!! BYEEEEE

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. add total number of measures at top

At summary section / title for music, add a total count of number of measures

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 26 27

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base